[h-e-w] Emacs and big files

From: Renger van Nieuwkoop
Subject: [h-e-w] Emacs and big files
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 08:30:55 +0000

Hi

I am using Emacs 24.3 on a Windows 8, x64 machine and noticed that reverting a buffer of 64 Megabytes takes about 5 seconds.

The file is generated when I run an optimization program in an Emacs shell and the output file in another buffer is updated (reverted) as the optimization proceeds. I could just kill this buffer before I start the optimization.)

Is it possible to reduce this time? Perhaps is there x64-build of Emacs…

Thanks

Renger

Renger van Nieuwkoop

Centre for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH

Zürichbergstrasse 18 (ZUE)

CH - 8032 Zürich

+41 44 632 02 63

mailto: address@hidden