Re: [h-e-w] `x-list-fonts' on Windows 7

From: Drew Adams
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] `x-list-fonts' on Windows 7
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 08:46:18 -0700 (PDT)

> > But it does not work for the font I use, for example, which is
> > "-*-Lucida Console-normal-r-*-*-14-112-96-96-c-*-iso8859-1".
>
> Try specifying either point size (112 for 11.2 point), or pixel size
> (14).  Probably Windows 7 is picking up some information from your
> monitor that earlier Windows versions did not, and adjusting the ratio
> between points and pixels as a result.
>
> Also, you may want to use the new font format: "Lucida Console-11".

Bravo!  Thanks, Jason.  I am a happy camper once again.

To be clear, my question was about Emacs 20 (only).
It is only Emacs 20 for which I see this `x-list-fonts' problem.
For Emacs 20, the new font format does not work - but your other
suggestion does work.

It does indeed fix the problem if I change the 112, 96, and 96
each to *.  And that fix is not a problem for other Emacs releases,
so I'll stick with it.

Thanks again.