Re: [h-e-w] Unable to launch cygwin bash (M-x shell) in win 7 64 bit

From: Drew Adams
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Unable to launch cygwin bash (M-x shell) in win 7 64 bit
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 10:28:19 -0700

> Looks like (require 'setup-cygwin) was interfering with HOME and other
> details and that's why things were getting borked.  Removed the above
> package and it reads the .enacs_bash file correctly.

I don't think `setup-cygwin.el' changes HOME.

AFAIK it does not change any env vars except SHELL and PATH.

It adds your Cygwin dir to PATH.  And it sets SHELL, `shell-file-name',
`explicit-shell-file-name', and `ediff-shell' to bash.exe in your Cygwin dir.

Can you please try to figure out which part of `setup-cygwin.el' interferes with
your settings?  You can do this easily by commenting out different sections -
e.g. bifurcate until you find the offending bit.

Let me know and I'll try to make a reasonable fix to `setup-cygwin.el'.  Thx.