Re: [h-e-w] Printing - At Wit's End

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Printing - At Wit's End
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 22:33:51 +0300

> Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 11:42:12 -0700
> From: Michael Flynn <address@hidden>
>
> Eli,
> I invoked ps-print-buffer with an arg and saved the .ps file.
> Then from a DOS Prompt window I typed:
>  gswin64c.exe -q -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -sDEVICE=mswinpr2 MYFILE.ps
>
> and it worked!  It prompted me for a list of printers, I chose one,
> then the file printed OK. :)

That's good progress.

> So, I entered these lines into the .emacs and started emacs with no options:
>
> (setenv "GS_LIB" "C:/Program Files/gs/gs9.04/lib")
> (setq ps-lpr-command "C:/Program Files/gs/gs9.04/bin/gswin64c.exe")
> (setq ps-lpr-switches '("-q" "-sDEVICE=mswinpr2" "-dNOPAUSE" "-dBATCH"))
> (setq ps-printer-name t )
>
> If I try Mx ps-print-buffer  I am prompted for a printer; I choose a
> printer, hit OK, and in *Messages* buffer see:
> Printing...done
>
> but nothing is sent to the printer

Does it help to use "C:/PROGRA~!" instead of "C:/Program Files"?  (It
avoids spaces in file names, which could cause failures in subtle and
"interesting" ways.)

If that doesn't work, the only other idea I have is to install a
32-bit build of Ghostscript, perhaps there's some problem with
invoking a 64-bit one from within a 32-bit Emacs.