Re: [h-e-w] Emacs Clipboard crash

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Emacs Clipboard crash
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2011 01:03:53 +0200

> Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 12:42:13 -0600
> From: Matthew Fidler <address@hidden>

> intervals.c:1974: Emacs fatal error: assertion failed: charpos <= ZV &&
> charpos
> >= BEGV

Where's the rest of this?  This is something I could work with, but I
need the rest of this backtrace.

> [Inferior 1 (process 6676) exited with code 03]
> (gdb) bt full
> No stack.

Too late: you let Emacs exit, and there's no way to debug it now.  Do
NOT let Emacs continue when it hits an abort or fatal signal, get the
backtrace right there and then

> (gdb) xbacktrace
> Undefined command: "xbacktrace".  Try "help".

You need to download the .gdbinit file, which defines xbacktrace (and
many other commands useful for debugging Emacs).  Get .gdbinit from
here:

  http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/lh/emacs/trunk/annotate/head:/src/.gdbinit

Then either start GDB from the directory where you put this file, or
type at GDB's prompt:

  (gdb) source /path/to/.gdbinit