Re: [h-e-w] Emacs Clipboard crash

From: Matthew Fidler
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Emacs Clipboard crash
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 09:02:24 -0600

I downloaded the version that is supposed to have debugging symbols and gtb still says "no debugging symbols found."

On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 8:23 AM, Matthew Fidler <address@hidden> wrote:
I have received the clipboard error message on Emacs 23.3 and 24.0 running under Windows XP.  I don't have administrator rights so I cannot run Dr Mingw.

Specifically for Emacs 24.0, the version information is:

This is GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2011-09-03 on SHAN-PC

I will download and install the latest alpha from the website listed above.

Matt.

On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 2:06 AM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
> Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 16:01:35 -0600
> From: Matthew Fidler <address@hidden>
>
> I keep getting an Emacs Clipboard Crash that is very annoying.

On what OS and with which Emacs version?
"Same" in what way?

> However when running version of emacs, gdb says "no debugging symbols
> found."
>
> Is there any compiled versions of emacs with debugging symbols found.

The message you cited includes a pointer to where you can find such a
binary.

If, after running Emacs under GDB, you see similar backtraces as those
reported in bug #9723, please move this discussion to bug-gnu-emacs,
so that it gets filed with that bug.