Re: [h-e-w] emacs-20111024-r106182 Windows Binaries

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] emacs-20111024-r106182 Windows Binaries
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 04:00:51 -0400

> From: Leo <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 13:46:32 +0800
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> > Someone reported crashes on XP with gcc 4.6.1 compiling with -O2, but
> > the binaries are compiled without optimizations.
>
> Did the OS save the crash reports somewhere (sorry I have been using
> windows OS for only 3 weeks and I don't have gdb running)?

Each application crash is recorded in the system log that you can view
using the "Event Viewer" (right-click on "My Computer", select
"Manage", then expand the "Event Viewer" widget and click on
"Application").

> Otherwise I can try and get a crash in a day or two.

Thanks, but there's no need to do that in this case, as the cause of
these crashes is known, see

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2011-10/msg00871.html

This is now in etc/PROBLEMS.

However, I would advise to install GDB anyway, for when you need it
the next time.