Re: Re: [h-e-w] c:/.emacs.d/server' is unsafe

From: Gamoto
Subject: Re: Re: [h-e-w] c:/.emacs.d/server' is unsafe
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 17:56:18 +0100

Eli Zaretskii,

I think to fix the problem ... not me ;-)
You have given the solution, stackoverflow also. It was a question of wording.
W.K.R. Reutefleut in emacswiki.org  describes the procedure:

"Waiting for Emacs server to start" is ownership problem on ~/.emacs.d/server

The problem is the ownership of the directory ~/.emacs.d/server when you also
have “Administrators” rights on your account. Create the directory
~/.emacs.d/server and set the owner of this directory to your login name and
the problem is gone. As I have a “Dutch” version of Windows 7 I don’t know the
English terms exactly but here’s the procedure:

Click R-mouse on ~/.emacs.d/server and select “Properties” (last item in menu).
From Properties select the Tab “Security” and then select the button
“Advanced”. Then select the Tab “Owner” and change the owner from
“Administrators (<your-pc-name>\Administrators)” into “<your-login-name>
(<your-pc-name>\<your-login-name>”. Check the “Replace owner on subcontainers
and objects” to ensure that subdirectories also have their ownership changed.
Now the server code will accept this directory as secure because you are the
owner.

Hope this helps for all you guys, it solved the problem for me anyway.

W.K.R. Reutefleut

He said <<select the Tab "Owner" and change the owner>>
I tried to change the owners in the Tab "security" by deleting the
Administrators group: that was my error.
Now I moved the directory .emacs.d in C:/ and the file .emacs also.
The "unsafe" message is not display anymore.

Eli, I have a new problem: I associated the .erl files (Erlang) with emacs.exe
When I double-click an erlang file, an empty buffer is created in emacs.
Shall I open a new thread ?

Once again, Thank you very much.

Gamoto

== En réponse au message du 11-03-2011, 16:43:06 ==