[h-e-w] Re: Powershell with non-ascii characters in emacs

From: Martin Stemplinger
Subject: [h-e-w] Re: Powershell with non-ascii characters in emacs
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 23:09:32 +0100

Lennart Borgman schrieb am 12.01.2010:

> On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 12:42 AM, Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden> wrote:
>> On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 00:37, Lennart Borgman
>> <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>>> "this package"?
>>
>> Presumably, Dino Chiesa's powershell-mode, which was the one the OP
>> was talking.
This is exactly what I was talking about. I do apologize for any
confusion I may have caused.
> I see. I did not know too much about these things so I looked it up.
> There is a powershell-mode.el from Vivek Sharma for editing PowerShell
> scripts. I guess that will never be included in Emacs.
I think so too and I had powershell-mode.el in mind when I wrote
 "this package".
> However there is also a powershell.el from Dino Chiesa. That is for
> running PowerShell in a shell subprocess. I guess that functionality
> might be included in Emacs just as we support that functionality for
> cmd.exe.
This is the one I want to get working as a shell within Emacs exactly
like cmd.exe. If this can be included in core Emacs I don't know but
to be honest I also don't really care. I'm happy to add it
additionally.

I didn't find time yet to play with the settings you pointed out. If I
reach some result I will post it.

Martin