[h-e-w] if I set home key to this macro then shift+home does not select

From: Tolkin, Steve
Subject: [h-e-w] if I set home key to this macro then shift+home does not select text in cua-mode
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 18:38:22 -0500

it does not select the text.

Details:
I am running GNU Emacs 22.3.1 on of 2008-09-96 on SOFT-MJASON. On
windows XP SP2.
This used to work in emacs 22.  I suspect the problem has to do with
changes to cua-mode (which I have on) and/or transient mark-mode (which
I explicitly set on in v. 22,but now seems to be part of cua-mode.)

Here is the macro definition:

;; Posted to comp.emacs by:
;; Kai Grossjohann <address@hidden>
(defun my-home ()
  "Toggle the point between the beginning of the current line, and the
first non-whitespace character on the line."
  (interactive)
  (let ((pos (save-excursion (back-to-indentation) (point))))
    (if (equal pos (point))
        (beginning-of-line)
      (back-to-indentation))))

 (global-set-key [home] 'my-home)

My current workaround is simply to comment out the global-set-key line.
Is there a fix to the macro to get the old behavior?  Even better would
be something already in cua-mode or simple.el etc that i could use.

Thanks,
Steve
--
Steven Tolkin
There is nothing so practical as a good theory.  Comments are by me,