[h-e-w] Windows port Emacs with GDB from Cygwin

From: Guangran Zhu
Subject: [h-e-w] Windows port Emacs with GDB from Cygwin
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 10:42:39 -0500

Dear Emacs Users,

I have a question on the "=>" (line indicator) in windows port of Emacs
when using the GDB bundled with Cygwin. In particular, I am using the
windows port of Emacs 21.0 developing in C++. GDB is from Cygwin. (I do
not use EMACS under Cygwin.) When I hit "M-x gdb", the one-buffer emacs
frame containing the C++ source code is not split into two buffers.
Using "break main", I was successful to set a break point in the source
file and a RED dot is placed at the line containing the main clause on
the right. However, when I step through in GDB, there is no "=>" (line
indictor). I have to keep on using "list" to exam the code, which is
exhausting.

Has anyone on this listserv ever come across this problem? I suspect the
problem comes from the fact that I am using Cygwin and windows port of
Emacs, but I do not know the exact cause. Thx in adv.

Kevin