[h-e-w] Auctex: ConText and utf-8 problem

From: Klaus Gena
Subject: [h-e-w] Auctex: ConText and utf-8 problem
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 13:31:47 +0300

Hi,

I try to process a file in Russian with ConText and xetex using the
Auctex package in emacs.

I always receive the following error: 'you should use the pdftex
binaries'

When compiling the same file in notepad++, everything works as
expected. I only have to change the file format from ANSI to UTF-8.

I don't understand this: i saved the file in emacs in utf-8 format,
but when I open it in notepad, it gets recognized as an ANSI file.

What could be the problem here?

p.s. I work on win xp.

--
Lees Ik en mijn Lada: http://www.ikenmijnlada.com/wp