Re: [h-e-w] Re: EmacsW32 and rss on Gnus

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Re: EmacsW32 and rss on Gnus
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 22:53:04 +0100

Juanma Barranquero wrote:
That is not my intended audience either.  I want to
attract new users, those that are used to using MS Windows.

Yeah, well. I don't buy that users used to Windows need a different
Emacs that those who aren't.

The close Emacs get to the GUI guidelines for MS Windows the less they need that. The very first problem I stumbled on with Emacs was that it sometimes stole my Alt key. And sometimes when I wanted it to steel it id did not. With my patches I try to give that key back to the users and give them another Meta key.

Eh, ... and I had to steele at least one of the windows keys instead. That is because I do not want to look too friendly.