Re: [h-e-w] EmacsW32 filename completion using space bar

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] EmacsW32 filename completion using space bar
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 01:54:29 +0100

address@hidden wrote:
In a message dated 12/9/2006 10:37:11 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, address@hidden writes:

    jpff wrote:
    > Personally I find the lack of space for completion a real pain.  I
    > would turn it off if I knew how!
    > ==John ffitch

    There is no problem turning it on with a little bit of elisp code.
    However there is a logical problem since file names can include
    spaces.
    Do you have any suggestion how to resolve that logical conflict?

Why is that a problem?
Can you show an example?
Not sure what you mean. Space is no different from other characters in a file name. So having completion on for example 'a' would work equally good/bad. (Except that space is easier to type of course.)