[h-e-w] problems with starting shell subprocesses

From: Robert Marshall
Subject: [h-e-w] problems with starting shell subprocesses
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 10:32:36 +0100

This is hard to give a precise recipe to replicate as - so far - I've only
seen it happen with my company's software - I'm trying to run it from
within a shell buffer - I type the command and nothing happens and only
when I terminate the shell session - by typing 'exit' does the application
start running..

The application opens a window and then runs the code that I'm testing -
and editing using emacs so at the moment in the shell buffer I have to
repeat the cycle of setting up the test, running the app and exiting each
time I want to test.

I'm sure I've seen this before but at the moment I can't remember (or find
via google) the fix, is it a buffering issue?

emacs 22.0.50.1 and using cmdproxy.exe for the process

Robert
--
Links and things http://rmstar.blogspot.com/
Robert Marshall