RE: [h-e-w] ruby-mode.el crashes my Emacs 2.3.1 on NT4

From: PaulBowman
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] ruby-mode.el crashes my Emacs 2.3.1 on NT4
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 11:40:14 -0000

Hi,

It was the original .el file. Following your suggestion I narrowed the
offending section down to
(eval-when-compile (require 'cl))

or just (require 'cl) AFAICS. Yet when I do an eval-current-buffer on cl.el I
don't get any problems - presumably I need to get rid of cl.elc and recompile
the thing.

OK, thanks for you help (note to self: must learn e-lisp one of these days...)

cheers,

Paul

HBOS plc, Registered in Scotland No. SC218813. Registered Office: The Mound,
Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. HBOS plc is a holding company, subsidiaries of which are
authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.