[h-e-w] Accented Chars

From: Filipe Martins
Subject: [h-e-w] Accented Chars
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 16:27:16 -0000

Hello to all.

I installed NT Emacs 21.3 yesterday and it's all Ok except that the accented chars don't work! I'm using a portuguese keyboard - when I press "´" and then a vowel like "a", emacs prints "´a" when all other Window Apps print "á". This is quite a issue for me.

I tryed to change emacs config - setting the coding system, loading "iso-accented" but nothing worked. I think this a bug. Anyone has any ideas? Can any of you confirm that this is realy a emacs (or NT emacs) bug? Could this be fixed anytime soon, or is better I don't wait?

Thanks to all. Emacs is cool.