RE: [h-e-w] Re: Unix utilities for Emacs on MS Windows

From: Phil Betts
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] Re: Unix utilities for Emacs on MS Windows
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 12:50:50 -0000

Lennart Borgman wrote on Thursday, November 24, 2005 11:23 PM::

> Could you perhaps tell where you find ssh-agent? I can not find it in
> the Cygwin setup program (it is in my opinion difficult to find things
> there).

This type of question is common on the cygwin mailing lists.

Try the cygwin package search at http://cygwin.com/packages/
There is a link to it on the main cygwin page, but it's not particularly
obvious.

Just enter ssh-agent in the search box, it'll list packages containing
a matching file and if you click on a link, it'll list the files in
that package.

To save you the trouble this time, the package you want is openssh.

Once you know the name of the package, I find it's easier to find it in
cygwin's setup by switching the view mode to "full".

HTH,
 Phil

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com