Re: [h-e-w] Unix utilities for Emacs on MS Windows

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Unix utilities for Emacs on MS Windows
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 10:21:36 +0000

Ismael Valladolid Torres wrote:
Lennart Borgman wrote:

The Cygwin faq still recommends that process-coding-system-alist is set.
See the page http://www.cygwin.com/faq/faq_toc.html, look for "What
about NT Emacs". Should we tell them to change this recommendation or is
there still a reason for it?

According to my tests using bash on Emacs shell mode, it seems to be
still needed.

Cordially, Ismael

Can you please explain the exact tests you did. My own tests show the opposite, and the "test" that was posted earlier in this thread was bogus, as it tested whether bash works with process-coding-system set to undecided-dos, rather than testing if it works without setting process-coding-system.