[h-e-w] Re: need introduction to the emacs world

From: Charles Curley
Subject: [h-e-w] Re: need introduction to the emacs world
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 16:34:42 -0600

On Fri, Aug 17, 2001 at 02:08:21PM +0100, Andrew Innes wrote:
> Could someone offer some advice to Kudzanayi?
>
> Thanks,
> AndrewI
>
> On Thu, 16 Aug 2001 15:23:13 -0700 (PDT), mandangu kudzi <address@hidden>
> said:
>
> > I just saw you website brieflly and because of the
> > fact that internet access is limited and restricted
> > here in Zimbabwe I thought I should get a general
> > recommendation straight from the horses mouth on the
> > neccessary steps I should take to acquint myself to
> > the most talked about editor, here in Zimbabwe not
> > many people are well versed with the technicalities
> > that relate to emacs and Linux O.S as a whole.
> >
> > Would be very grateful for texts and downloads
> > relavant to my requests.

Kudzanayi, you should have a slew of HOW-TOs with your Linux
distribution. Check the Emacs Beginner's HOWTO. If you don't have it,
try http://www.wcnet.org/jzawodn/emacs/.

On my home page (http://w3.trib.com/~ccurley), there is a page for the
installation of Emacs on Windows. Most of that is irrelevant to Linux,
but do check the resources section.

Check the NT Emacs FAQ for resources, especially
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/windows/faq11.html#emacs-more-info.

Also, in Emacs, feel free to run the tutorial. C-h t (i.e. in Emacs,
type control-h, then t. Then read on.)

--

                -- C^2

No windows were crashed in the making of this email.

Looking for fine software and/or web pages?
http://w3.trib.com/~ccurley