guix-europe

Fwd: Re: Capitole du Libre at Toulouse

From: Oliver Propst
Subject: Fwd: Re: Capitole du Libre at Toulouse
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 15:48:23 +0200

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Capitole du Libre at Toulouse
Date: 2022-09-25 15:46
From: Oliver Propst <oliver.propst@fripost.org>
To: Andreas Enge <andreas@enge.fr>

On 2022-09-25 11:30, Andreas Enge wrote:
Hello,
Hi Andreas I think this sounds very interesting initiative. Thanks very much posting information about this.

Julien pointed out that the Capitole du Libre is going to take place
in Toulouse on the weekend of November 19 and 20:
   https://capitoledulibre.org/
and wondered whether we should ask for a booth. Time for this is running
out, we have until tomorrow, Monday, evening...
If we can afford it and people are interested in volunteering for the booth (and give submit a talk) why not.

The first question is whether we will be enough people; it looks like
Julien and I will be free, but two is not a lot, since of course we would
also like to wander around. With a lack of members in the Southwest of
France in Guix Europe, I took the liberty to cross-post guix-devel.
Would others be available and like to join?

I'm could be interested to join the efforts.

I am not quite sure how one presents a distribution at a booth, since
there is not really much to attract the eye, or is there?

If we just have *something* to show I guess we there should not to much of a hassle to have a conversation about Guix from that point on. In general I guess to be present at a conference like Capitole du Libre could be a great place to spread knowledge and interest about Guix, computational science etc.

Think if we had something like a booklet about Guix we could give out to participants at events like this that could be great I think...

--
Kinds regards Oliver Propst
https://twitter.com/Opropst