guix-europe

Re: Message from the Guix Europe Treasuary

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Message from the Guix Europe Treasuary
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2021 20:26:10 +0100

Hi!

zimoun <zimon.toutoune@gmail.com> skribis:

> Well, maybe it is worth to have a paragraph mentioning Guix-Europe
> (maybe this mailing list) on the webpage:
>
>    <https://guix.gnu.org/en/donate/>
>
> Then add this mailing list to the list:
>
>    <https://guix.gnu.org/en/contact/>
>
> And last, maybe it is also worth to add a webpage, say:
>
>    <https://europe.guix.info/>
>
> (even I do not like ’europe’ since it is worldwide. :-))  This webpage
> could present the mission and link the various documents in
> maintenance/guix-europe.
>
> WDYT?  I can prepare the patch.

Yes, I think it’s high time for a web page.  :-)

It’s also a good time to “step up our game” given the recent events, in
particular
<https://www.outreachy.org/blog/2021-03-23/fsf-participation-barred/>.

If you want, you can certainly start from the Guix-HPC web site, which
is quite simple; we can then host it on bayfront.  Once we’ve started,
it’ll be easier for everyone to help out.

I guess it the DNS entry could be ‘europe.guix.info’ or
‘association.guix.info’ (with an eye on changing the name? :-)).

Ludo’.