guix-devel

Re: Coordinators for patch review session on Tuesday

From: Christina O'Donnell
Subject: Re: Coordinators for patch review session on Tuesday
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2024 12:00:08 +0100

Hi Steve,

On 02/04/2024 21:23, Steve George wrote:
Hi Christina - thanks for coming along today - I hope it was useful.

Yes I did find it helpful. Since I'm the least experienced out of everyone there, I just stayed quiet and tried to absorb as much as I could.

It was good to see that not everyone was using Emacs, and I'm going to try to start using Efraim's vi script for GTAGS in Guile.

There's good instructions on the Wiki on how to review patches:

https://libreplanet.org/wiki?title=Group:Guix/PatchReviewSessions2024

I would love feedback on how to improve them!

There's plenty of patches to review, I've been keeping a list of them for the
patch review calls:

https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?tag=patch-review-hackers-list;users=guix

And the wiki page references some other reports.

Please pick some patches and have a go - if you want someone else to look at
them feel free to ping here or on IRC!

Thank you for writing this up in so much depth! I've reviewed [1] and tried to tag it as reviewed-looks-good, though I don't think that has gone through. If you or someone else could take a look at it then I'd appreciate that. I plan on reviewing some more patches this evening.

Kind regards,
Christina

[1] https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?users=guix;bug=65938