guix-devel

Gaming on Guix

From: Tobias Alexandra Platen
Subject: Gaming on Guix
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 12:26:12 +0100

I am a libre game developer and I plan to package my game that I am
currently working on for Guix. On the long term I also want to make a
scalable distribution service that one can self host and which allows
paying for games using GNU Taler. Once the user has payed they can get
substitutes, if they don't want to pay, they still have the freedom
to build the game from source. I propose the name GNUtris for this
service.

First I will make a home page using haunt for my game. Then I start
packaging ist dependencies, starting with libsurvive, which is needed
to use the Valve Index. Then I package the rest of the software,
needed to run the game. Finally I setup a sales/crowdfunding page,
this will be the harded part of my project. I heard that Taler will
soon go into production in the Euro zone.

PS: I try to avoid Steam, Nonguix and the Guix Gaming Channels