guix-devel

QA is back, who wants to review patches?

From: Christopher Baines
Subject: QA is back, who wants to review patches?
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2024 10:44:11 +0000

Hey!

After substitute availability taking a bit of a dive recently, the
bordeaux build farm has finally caught back up and QA is back submitting
builds for packages changed by patches.

QA also has a feature to allow easily tagging patches (issues) as having
been reviewed and ready to merge (reviewed-looks-good). You can do this
via sending an email and QA has a form ("Mark patches as reviewed") on
the page for each issue to help you do this.

I'd encourage anyone and everyone to review patches, there's no burden
on you to spot every problem and you don't need any special
knowledge. You just need to not be involved (so you can't review your
own patches) and take a good look at the changes, mentioning any
questions that you have or problems that you spot. If you think the
changes look good to be merged, you can tag the issue accordingly.

When issues are tagged as reviewed-looks-good, QA will display them in
dark green at the top of the list of patches, so it's on those with
commit access to prioritise looking at these issues and merging the
patches if indeed they are ready.

Let me know if you have any comments or questions!

Thanks,

Chris