guix-devel

Re: Mixing GPL and non-copyleft code in source files

From: Felix Lechner
Subject: Re: Mixing GPL and non-copyleft code in source files
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2023 14:41:17 -0800

Hi Wojtek,

On Fri, Dec 22 2023, Wojtek Kosior wrote:

> I'm not sure how an "appropriate note" would look like.  Where do you
> imagine it?

I would offer a chronological list of my downloadable contributions to
Guix and place the following wording on top of the page:

"I disagree with the licensing model embraced by GNU Guix and hereby
release my contributions there under the CC-0 license. For convenience,
you can also use the patches below."

The hurdle is that as a Guix maintainer, I would not accept your
dual-licensing statements into my project.

> I believe we have ... different attitude to making use of legal force

You are probably right. I'm a complete pushover, especially in the
wintertime.

Kind regards
Felix