guix-devel

Re: Shutting down qa.guix?

From: Christopher Baines
Subject: Re: Shutting down qa.guix?
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2023 10:54:05 +0000

Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <me@tobias.gr> writes:

> Christopher Baines 写道:
>> it's not the most cost effective setup
>
> Has this been explained in more detail before?

Probably not, beid is currently a CPX51 Hetzner cloud server costing
€65.33 a month. This has been useful as it's enabled scaling the
resources dynamically, but it would be possible to reduce the costs and
still have sufficient RAM/disk space by using a Hetzner server auction
machine for example.

It's not all about cost though, given the data service is one of the
slow points of QA, if we want QA to get faster at giving feedback, it's
probably important to not try and cut costs on this part of the system.