guix-devel

Re: more than 1,800 dependent packages: website out of date

From: Maxim Cournoyer
Subject: Re: more than 1,800 dependent packages: website out of date
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2023 12:11:15 -0400

Hi Simon,

Simon Tournier <zimon.toutoune@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Ricardo,
>
> On Thu, 28 Sep 2023 at 08:35, Ricardo Wurmus <rekado@elephly.net> wrote:
>
>> Across the wider GNU system the command for accessing manuals is “info”
>> followed by the name of the manual, e.g. “info guix” or “info
>> guix-cookbook”.

Not to preach, but I've spent some time looking at 'info info' once and
I'm sold to it now.  I basically use these keys: 'g' to navigate to
nodes, 'm' to select a menu, 'space' to page down and 'backspace' to
page up.

Additional niceties: 'u' to go up a node, C-s to search, etc.

That should cover the basics, and I find that much faster to work with
than the HTML version.

--
Thanks,
Maxim