guix-devel

Re: Scheduled monthly update for (gnu packages astronomy)

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Scheduled monthly update for (gnu packages astronomy)
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2023 22:36:26 +0200

Hi,

Sharlatan Hellseher <sharlatanus@gmail.com> skribis:

> As you may noticed Guix's collection for astro[physics|nomy] is growing!
>
> It is about 70+ packaged projects just in (gnu packages astronomy), and I
> try to prepare more for review, sourcing, mainly, from Debian astro and
> tracking the progress in the channel https://git.sr.ht/~hellseher/ffab.

Nice!

> Meanwhile I'd like to propose monthly update schedule for current packages,
> which I may keep up to date with upstream.
>
> This month updates (may be outdated):
> - https://issues.guix.gnu.org/64201 qa:pending
> - https://issues.guix.gnu.org/64287 qa:passed

I don’t have any specific suggestion as to how to smoothen the process.

You’re now well known so pretty much the only thing I would wait for as
a reviewer before applying these updates is (1) a green light from
qa.guix, and (2) a bit of spare time.  Hopefully other committers will
feel the same so we can increase throughput!

Anyhow, thanks for all the work!

Ludo’.