guix-devel

Re: Should Guix support writing CLI Common Lisp scripts? (Think Roswell)

From: Charles
Subject: Re: Should Guix support writing CLI Common Lisp scripts? (Think Roswell)
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2023 01:01:08 +0000

Hello. I have done scripts exactly as John describe before. I think this way is
fine for making common lisp scripts on guix; that command line you shared can
be put in a file and run as a shell script, or even put into a package.

I think what Jgart is asking for is a program that may or may not be a part of
gnu guix, but certainly depends on it. This program will be able to run roswell
scripts with 100% compatibility using guix instead of roswell for loading
systems. I'm not too sure how roswell knows which system to load or which
common lisp implementation to use for a given script.

The purpose of this program would be to use guix's common lisp implementations
and systems for roswell scripts. As I understand it, running roswell on a guix
system will result in roswell downloading and installing it's own common lisp
implementation and loading systems from quicklisp.