guix-devel

Re: The way to promote GUIX package manager

From: Yasuaki Kudo
Subject: Re: The way to promote GUIX package manager
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 08:15:09 +0900

Well I have to tell you I am not too familiar with either Debian or Guix😅  So
with that disclaimer:

- If I remember correctly, Guix in Debian just doesn't work straight away after
apt-get install, meaning enabling of certain Guix services also required?

- He needs to have everything that Guix needs "virtualized", including the
folder /gnu straight under root, (under some /home/xyzuser/blah/ directory I
presume).   He does not care about Guix-as-container - he needs
Guix-to-be-contained.

Again, I don't know much, Im' just a casual Guix OS user (and I love it 😄) but
does it make sense?

-Yasu