guix-devel

Re: Guix Documentation Meetup

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: Guix Documentation Meetup
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 19:22:09 -0500

On Sat, Jan 08, 2022 at 11:24:35AM -0500, Matt wrote:
> 2. http://excalamus.com/2021-10-06-guix-debug.html

The error about "profile contains conflicting entries" is something we
should improve the documentation about, for sure.

I opened a tracking bug about it:

https://issues.guix.gnu.org/53224

I think we can adapt some older presentations (video-recorded) about
Guix, because they helped me understand the subject quite clearly when I
watched them when I first learned about Guix.

The manual's treatment of profiles and propagation is authoritative and
correct, but it does not quite communicate the subject in a way that
combines to make these error messages understandable.