guix-devel

Re: Guix Documentation Meetup

From: Matt
Subject: Re: Guix Documentation Meetup
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 13:45:52 -0500

 > I don't know how many people in the community have
 > non-CS/Unix/programming backgrounds so I share some personal thoughts
 > below.  It's not that I want to share my life, but it might resonate
 > with the experiences of others.

Thank you for sharing your story. It resonates with me as mine is similar.  I
have degrees in math and statistics,  and am a self-taught programmer. I've
worked a lot with scientists and engineers and have experienced the divide you
describe. It can be a hard gap to bridge.

It a sounds like one of the things that makes you feel disconnected from Guix
is your current skill level with Guile, Geiser, and general Unix knowledge. I
can sympathize.  I've had the same kinds of challenges as were described by
people earlier in the thread.