guix-devel

Re: version-1.4.0 branch updated

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: version-1.4.0 branch updated
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 23:48:09 -0500

On Mon, Jan 10, 2022 at 07:31:45PM -0500, Maxim Cournoyer wrote:
> The CI hasn't yet been switched on to build the branch yet; let's give a
> bit more time for other changes like this to have a chance to be
> considered/merged and then switch it on!  Perhaps Wednesday.

It seems risky to me to put world-rebuilding changes on the release
branch, because we won't have time to squash the bugs that inevitably
appear after deployment before releasing.

However, what do you think about also adding a fix for #53005,
"cryptsetup-static aborts opening LUKS2 volume with Argon2i PBKDF"? The
proposed fix changes glibc:

https://issues.guix.gnu.org/53005