guix-devel

Re: version-1.4.0 branch updated

From: Maxim Cournoyer
Subject: Re: version-1.4.0 branch updated
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 19:31:45 -0500

Hi Ricardo,

> Maxim Cournoyer <maxim.cournoyer@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> If nobody has another world rebuilding change deemed necessary in time
>> for the release, I suggest we enable substitutes on the branch soon, and
>> then get busy trying to get 'make dist' to succeed so that we can issue
>> a first RC.
>
> I’ve got some world rebuilding changes in wip-texlive.  I intended to
> add more, but they could be merged right now.  They fix broken font
> search in pdflatex, xelatex, and lualatex.

OK!  I've reviewed what's in wip-texlive, and it LGTM!  Feel free to
rebase the branch on top of version-1.4.0 and then merge into it.  I
don't intend to rewrite the branch at this point, so we can collaborate
on it.

The CI hasn't yet been switched on to build the branch yet; let's give a
bit more time for other changes like this to have a chance to be
considered/merged and then switch it on!  Perhaps Wednesday.

Thank you!

Maxim