guix-devel

Branch with only available substitutes ?

From: Nicolas Graves
Subject: Branch with only available substitutes ?
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2022 21:44:21 +0100

Hi !

New user of guix for a few months, still getting used to everything.
Don't hesitate to advise me if I'm doing anything wrong ;)

I find myself often waiting for heavy packages (ungoogled-chromium,
cargo...) to be built as substitutes before updating my system and I
find it a bit long to my personal taste.

Would it be possible to add a branch in guix sources following only
available substitutes, so that each time I pull, I can immediatly
and quickly update. Or would that need to stay as someone's personal
project ?

Doesn't seem to complicated on principle, with guix weather and a
cron job.

Also thanks for everything folks, guix is awesome.

Cheers,

Nicolas Graves