guix-devel

Having a package browser on guix.gnu.org

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Having a package browser on guix.gnu.org
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2022 22:41:13 +0100

Hi,

Luis Felipe <luis.felipe.la@protonmail.com> skribis:

> But I wonder if it is possible now to make the packages part use any of the
> Postgres databases that already exist and allow traditional search without
> JavaScript...

Former Outreachy intern Danjela Lura, together with Chris Baines, had
started developing a JS-free package browsing interface:

  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2020-07/msg00050.html

Chris, could you tell us what the status is and what’s missing before we
can use it on the web site?

Thanks,
Ludo’.