guix-devel

Re: Guix Documentation Meetup

From: Josselin Poiret
Subject: Re: Guix Documentation Meetup
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2022 15:39:15 +0100

Hello everyone,
Matt <matt@excalamus.com> writes:

>  > I would like for Guix to host a community wiki
>
> Agreed.
>
> Ironically, Guix already has two of them.
>
> 1. goto gnu.guix.org
> 2. Select wiki from the help menu
> 3. Discover that linked wiki is not a community wiki
> 4. Click the (supposed) community wiki:
> https://guix.miraheze.org/wiki/Main_Page
>
> Is this the "official" Guix wiki?
> If so, why is it not a direct link from the home page.
> Who hosts it? If I spend hours writing something, is it just going to
> disappear some day?

If I remember correctly, this wiki was created by Jacob "Kreyren" Hrbek
<kreyren@rixotstudio.cz> [1, 2], however they seem to have been banned from
IRC some time ago [3].  miraheze.org itself seems to be a wiki farm, but
I don't know if there are any advantages over LibrePlanet.  I think it
would be very possible to turn the current Group:Guix wiki into a proper
Community wiki, just that it's not used in that way currently.

[1] https://logs.guix.gnu.org/guix/2021-11-03.log#215121
[2] https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/Kreyren
[3] https://logs.guix.gnu.org/guix/2021-11-28.log#015743

--