guix-devel

Re: Guix Documentation Meetup

From: calcium
Subject: Re: Guix Documentation Meetup
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2022 12:49:56 +0100

I would like for Guix to host a community wiki (in addition to a more
discoverable official documentation).

That’s the purpose of the Cookbook, which is open to all contributors.

It is not a wiki. You can't edit and review easly, but must instead send a
contribution to someone (IRC or email) which is teadious and discourage small
and quick contributions.

And my point was about allowing a low effort wiki that may contain wrong or
incomplete content (but quick to contribute/use and where there is no
expectation of high quality).

And this seems to go against the current spirit of hte Guix Cookbook (High
quality/Without mistakes examples/content about howto do a specific task)