guix-devel

Re: Formalizing teams

From: adriano
Subject: Re: Formalizing teams
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2022 23:35:45 +0100

Il giorno lun, 03/01/2022 alle 16.22 +0100, Ludovic Courtès ha scritto:

> This brings a related but slightly different topic: how to let people
> filter incoming patches and bug reports in general.
>
> How does it even work on git*.com?  Do they let you subscribe to
> issues/merge requests that match certain patterns or touch certain
> files?

I don't remember exactly about Github and Gitlab

But I do remember about the Canonical issue tracking system for Ubuntu

When you file a bug there, you are asked to include a list of
packages/areas of the system you think your bug is about

That automatically informs the right people/teams

Also on Stackoverflow, you can accompany your question with some labels
(tags) and every tag is "followed" by some concerned people