guix-devel

Re: PHP fails to build on aarch64

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: PHP fails to build on aarch64
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 14:07:18 +0100

Efraim Flashner <efraim@flashner.co.il> writes:

[[PGP Signed Part:Undecided]]
On Tue, Nov 30, 2021 at 12:05:19AM +0100, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:
Hi Guix,

on core-updates-frozen some of the PHP tests keep failing on aarch64. Last
time I ran it there were 7 failing tests.  PHP is needed for
libsoup-minimal, which is an input to gtk 3.

FAILED TEST SUMMARY
Concatenating many small strings should not slowdown allocations
[Zend/tests/concat_003.phpt]
Bug #66731: file: extensive backtraking, with pcre.jit=0
[ext/fileinfo/tests/cve-2014-3538-nojit.phpt]
Bug #66731: file: extensive backtraking
[ext/fileinfo/tests/cve-2014-3538.phpt]
Test interoperability of password_hash('argon2i')
[ext/sodium/tests/php_password_hash_argon2i.phpt]
Test interoperability of password_hash('argon2id')
[ext/sodium/tests/php_password_hash_argon2id.phpt]
Test interoperability of password_verify()
[ext/sodium/tests/php_password_verify.phpt]
file upload greater than 2G [sapi/cli/tests/upload_2G.phpt]

What can we do here? (It’s a little ugly to need PHP to build GTK, but at
least it’s just a build time input…)

When I build it on aarch64 only the pcre.jit test is failing for me. I tried cherry-picking the php update patch to core-updates but it still
failed for me, still with only the one test failing.

I’m building it again right now. Previously only one of the tests failed.

--
Ricardo