guix-devel

Re: Help with package AppImage support

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Help with package AppImage support
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 14:20:06 +0100

Ekaitz Zarraga <ekaitz@elenq.tech> writes:

The first step should be to figure out if CMake uses one of these Find* macros or some other way. If it’s a Find* macro, determine
if it is provided by libsquashfuse or appimagekit.

This is the only reference I find to squashfuse so I don't know what's the mechanism they are doing. In cmake/dependencies.cmake they are not searching
for squashfuse neither...
https://github.com/AppImage/AppImageKit/blob/8bbf694455d00f48d835f56afaa1dabcd9178ba6/src/build-runtime.cmake#L18

appimagekit includes a copy of libappimage; that repository contains a Findsquashfuse.cmake file, which defines how squashfuse is found:

https://github.com/AppImage/libappimage/blob/13f401a4a384ec59ec9a144e2a7006adf751571f/cmake/Modules/Findsquashfuse.cmake

--
Ricardo