guix-devel

Re: Help with package AppImage support

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Help with package AppImage support
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2021 20:49:02 +0100

Ekaitz Zarraga <ekaitz@elenq.tech> writes:

Maybe “TARGET NOT found” is CMake’s original way of saying that you’re
missing a dependency (libsquashfuse), no?

I mean, I already reached that conclusion but if you check the packages in the original message, the dependency is included. I can't find why isn't it finding
the library.

I need there some help making CMake find the dependency I already included and
packaged.

Does the CMakeLists.txt or the files under cmake/ mention libsquashfuse? There should either be a Find* macro that describes the tests CMake will perform to determine certain variables for using libsquashfuse, or it will use a conventional way to do that: via pkg-config or using .cmake files in libsquashfuse.

So there coulde be different problems here: libsquashfuse doesn’t install the expected cmake files or installs them in the wrong place; or this package tells CMake to search using pkg-config but you don’t have pkg-config among the inputs; or this is all the case and pkg-config fails because a library isn’t propagated when it should be, etc.

The first step should be to figure out if CMake uses one of these Find* macros or some other way. If it’s a Find* macro, determine if it is provided by libsquashfuse or appimagekit.

--
Ricardo