guix-devel

Re: Desktops on non-x86_64 systems

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Desktops on non-x86_64 systems
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2021 09:57:25 +0100

Tobias Platen <guix@platen-software.de> writes:

On Sat, 2021-11-27 at 19:43 -0800, John Soo wrote:
Hi Guix,

I had the same thought as Maxim. In my quest for arm support for ghc, I thought about using a cross-compiled version. Is this possible or even desirable?  I think for rust and ghc it would be very helpful - if somewhat less principled than a bootstrap all the way up (on the
same computer).

I'm curious what the consensus is here.

Kindly,

John

I have a Talos II, on which I have rust running. But that one is not in
Debian or GUIX, it uses its own installer.

How was it bootstrapped?

--
Ricardo