guix-devel

Re: Thursday 18th: ‘core-updates-frozen’ sprint!

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Thursday 18th: ‘core-updates-frozen’ sprint!
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2021 14:19:55 +0100

Hi!

Ricardo Wurmus <rekado@elephly.net> skribis:

> Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> writes:
>
>> … there’s probably more.
>
> I noticed that we’re still using PYTHONPATH in a bunch of places, even
> though we should now be using GUIX_PYTHONPATH.  I’ve been slowly
> hacking away at the remaining offenders.

I see you fixed a bunch of them, yay!

> That said, it’s amazing how much progress we made in so little time!
> I’ll continue to prioritize core-updates-frozen for the next few days.

Yes, let’s do that.  I’ve fixed things I’ll probably never ever use,
like trytond.  A call to everyone though: make sure your favorite
packages work because you can’t necessarily count on others to test it
and fix it.  :-)

I’ve noticed Python packages still failing so if you rely on Python,
better be safe than sorry.

>>> Nov. 23th will mark Guix’s 9th birthday.  Wouldn’t it be great to
>>> have
>>> that branch finally merged in ‘master’ by then?
>>
>> Sounds doable, let’s keep up the good work!
>
> I hope we can make it!

Yup, let’s see!

Ludo’.