guix-devel

Re: Common Lisp package: all test cases pass but 'check' phase fails

From: Katherine Cox-Buday
Subject: Re: Common Lisp package: all test cases pass but 'check' phase fails
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2021 09:17:16 -0600

Foo Chuan Wei <chuanwei.foo@hotmail.com> writes:

> In lisp-xyz.scm, I see that the "cl-locale" package has the same problem
> with its tests.
>
> Does anyone here know the cause of the error above?

Without having time to look at the code, but with the hope that this points you
in the right direction:

It probably has something to do with the separate test .asd file. The
asdf-build-system is probably copying that file to a place asdf can't find it
from the production .asd file. You can probably briefly scan the code and get
an idea of what's going on:

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/guix/build/asdf-build-system.scm?h=master#n1

I will do my best to find some time to answer definitively, but I am
particularly busy at the moment. Hopefully someone else can chime in with a
more specific answer.

--
Katherine