guix-devel

Re: broken "make dist" on core-updates-frozen

From: Vagrant Cascadian
Subject: Re: broken "make dist" on core-updates-frozen
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2021 17:12:18 -0800

On 2021-11-14, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:
> There is a very long patch in core-updates-frozen for the gd package
> which breaks "make dist" ... and about 10k packages are transitively
> dependent on gd... so this seems (at least to me) really important to
> fix before merging into master...
>
> I've pushed a fix (simply using a shorter patch filename) to
> core-updates-frozen-batched-changes:
>

> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?h=core-updates-frozen-batched-changes&id=22477c20604d88f2867c64405f86e7306a333f32

And apparently created core-updates-frozen-batched-changes in the
process? ugh. sorry.

I've now pushed to core-updates-frozen:

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?h=core-updates-frozen&id=6cdf4e5bf230fdbe17e592c2ec74fb34dba70eb5

> I'll also make a plea to create a "make dist" job on ci.guix.gnu.org
> soon, to catch these things earlier, as issues like this could block
> making a release!

Still think this would be a great idea! :)

live well,
  vagrant