guix-devel

Re: julia: packaging GLFW.jl: No GLXFBConfigs returned

From: Josselin Poiret
Subject: Re: julia: packaging GLFW.jl: No GLXFBConfigs returned
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2021 10:52:40 +0000

Hello Théo,

Théo Maxime Tyburn <theo.tyburn@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello Guixs,
>
> I am trying to package GLFW.jl.
> If I skip the tests the package gets compiled.
> However running:
>
> julia> using GLFW
> julia> GLFW.CreateWindow(30,30,"hey")
>
> outputs:
>>GLFWError (API_UNAVAILABLE): GLX: No GLXFBConfigs returned
>
> Running GLFW from a C program just works fine though.

It would be better if you sent a snippet of your package definition so
we could all test out the problem.

> By running strace I found out that at lot of .so.0 files are not
> found. They are expected to be found in
> /gnu/store/hzvvsg9yw1ik57p5xs2mq88cpwnfpbys-libglvnd-1.3.4/lib/libGLX_mesa.so.0
> for example.
>
> Is there a way to make these libraries accessible ? What would be the
> right guixy way to do this ?

Are you using the guix-packaged julia-glfw-jll?  If so, it should be
built using a patched julia-jllwrappers that overrides the library
search path with the right one, and so the error shouldn't come from
there.  I can't say much more without the package definition though.

Best,
Josselin Poiret