guix-devel

julia: packaging GLFW.jl: No GLXFBConfigs returned

From: Théo Maxime Tyburn
Subject: julia: packaging GLFW.jl: No GLXFBConfigs returned
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 00:34:20 +0100

Hello Guixs,

I am trying to package GLFW.jl.
If I skip the tests the package gets compiled.
However running:

julia> using GLFW
julia> GLFW.CreateWindow(30,30,"hey")

outputs:
>GLFWError (API_UNAVAILABLE): GLX: No GLXFBConfigs returned

Running GLFW from a C program just works fine though.

By running strace I found out that at lot of .so.0 files are not
found. They are expected to be found in
/gnu/store/hzvvsg9yw1ik57p5xs2mq88cpwnfpbys-libglvnd-1.3.4/lib/libGLX_mesa.so.0
for example.

Is there a way to make these libraries accessible ? What would be the
right guixy way to do this ?

Kind regards,

Théo