guix-devel

Re: python: setuptools version doens’t match guix package version / pack

From: Lars-Dominik Braun
Subject: Re: python: setuptools version doens’t match guix package version / packaging python-ipydatawidgets
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 14:27:57 +0100

Hi Théo,

> I don’t understand how this could happen though since the definition of
> python-setuptools seems just fine in python-xyz.scm ...
unfortunately our python package bundles setuptools 41.2.0, which will
collide with python-setuptools. I ran into the same issue with
python-jupyter-packaging a while ago too[1]. I tried adding
python-setuptools as a native-input, but it failed, because of said
collision.

Cheers,
Lars

[1] https://issues.guix.gnu.org/46848#9